Cracking the Code: Tim Johnson’s Cyclocross Secrets
Presented by Red Bull
Stay tuned for 2014 dates and locations!
Boulder – August 17, 2013
Chicago – August 24, 2013
Boston – Sept. 7, 2013
Get ready for your best ‘cross season ever with cyclocross superstar Tim Johnson and coach Pete Webber!
- Learn from Tim & Pete’s combined 40 years of professional experience
- Structured curriculum by head coach Pete Webber
- Hands-on instruction to “crack the code” for cyclocross success
- Max ratio of 1 coach per 10 riders
- Check out the photos from 2012!
Tim Johnson is one of the most friendly and easy-going guys in the sport. He loves teaching ‘cross and his passion for the sport is contagious. When Tim discusses training and racing, you can’t avoid feeling pumped up and motivated for the season!
Pete Webber has led clinics for years and has developed a well-organized curriculum that packs a lot of instruction into a 1 day mini-camp. Focused on the keys to ‘cross success, Tim & Pete will take you thru a step-by-step process that includes their best tips and tricks. Check out these testimonials about Pete’s coaching.
We’ll end the day with a complete review and give you a take-home handout to remind you of the essential lessons learned and your priorities for improvement.
The only way you’ll learn Tim’s cyclocross secrets is to attend this mini-camp! (Or you could kidnap Tim and torture him, but the camp will be easier.)
When: Saturday, August 17, 2013, 8:00 am – 3:00 pm
Where: World famous Valmont Bike Park, site of 2014 Nationals
Who: all abilities with some cyclocross racing experience
(in partnership with Spidermonkey Cycling)
When: Saturday, August 24, 2013
Where: Decoma Day Camp, Northbrook, IL Map
Who: Beginners, 9:00 am – Noon; Intermediate & advanced 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Cost: Beginners (morning session) $75; Intermediate & advanced (all day) $175
When: Saturday, September 7, 2013, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Who: all abilities
These camps are best for riders with some cyclocross racing experience. But don’t be intimidated, you don’t need to be an expert rider or a speedster to enjoy this camp. Note: Chicago event will have a beginners session designed for riders who have limited experience and just want to cover the essentials.
What: Instruction will include…
- The dismount and remount sequence: how to be faster and smoother
- Portaging: carrying and shouldering the bike like a pro
- Bike handling, ride better and faster no matter the conditions
- Cornering, learning fast lines and proven techniques
- Off-cambers and other tricky terrain
- Sandpits, barriers & stairs
- Race starts and holding your position
- Equipment selection and set up, pro secrets
- Tires and tire pressure, the most important part of your bike
- Race day preparation, keys to being prepared
- Solutions to common mistakes (we all make ‘em)
- Race craft: putting it all together
- Stories from Tim’s career in the mud (heckling encouraged)
Scholarships: Thanks to Tim Johnson’s MudFund we are pleased to offer several scholarships to each event for athletes ages 14-19 (female & male). To apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org describing how a scholarship to the camp would help you reach your cyclocross goals. Include the event you are applying for, your name and contact information, CX race age for 2013, actual age, racing category and racing history. For riders under 18 actual age, please include your parent’s contact info. Please apply as soon as possible, final deadline for applications is 14 days prior to each camp.
- Professional instruction from Tim, Pete and additional guest coaches
- Lots of fun and laughs
- Cold hydration by Red Bull and SkratchLabs and mid-morning snack
- Lunch (except Chicago morning session)
- Participant schwag (we’ll raffle a SRAM Force grouppo at each event!)
- Take home hand-out for cracking the code
- Motivated for cross season!
- A tuned-up cyclocross bike
- Helmet and riding kit
- Camp will be held rain-or-shine, come prepared for the conditions that day
- What tires? CX clinchers are best, but tubulars are fine too. Most riding will be on grass and trails.
USAC License(If you don’t have a USAC license, you can purchase a $5 one-day license at the event.)
Prepare for Camp:
- Do at least 4 training rides on your ‘cross bike before camp, including trails
- Do at least 2 dedicated ‘cross skills sessions to get your mojo working
- Get your bike tuned up and adjusted so it is working well
- Think about your strengths and weaknesses and come prepared with questions
Cancellation Policy: If you need to cancel, please let us know at least 72-hours before camp to receive a refund.
Questions? Contact Pete at 303-562-7510 or email@example.com