Cracking the Code: Tim Johnson’s Cyclocross Secrets
Colorado Cyclocross Mini-Camp with Tim Johnson and Pete Webber
Saturday, August 18, 2012, 8:00 am – 3:00 pm
Thanks to everyone who participated! We had a great camp. Check out the photos and stay tuned for future events with Tim Johnson.
Get ready for your best ‘cross season ever with cyclocross superstar Tim Johnson and Masters World Champion Pete Webber!
- Learn from Tim & Pete’s combined 40 years of professional experience
- Structured curriculum by head coach Pete Webber
- Hands-on instruction to “crack the code” for cyclocross success
- Max ratio of 1 coach per 7 riders
- Located at the world famous Valmont Bike Park
Tim Johnson is one of the most friendly and easy-going guys in the sport. He loves teaching ‘cross and his passion for the sport is contagious. When Tim discusses training and racing, you can’t avoid feeling pumped up and motivated for the season!
Pete Webber has led clinics for years and has developed a well-organized curriculum that packs a lot of instruction into a 1 day mini-camp. Focused on the keys to ‘cross success, Tim & Pete will take you thru a step-by-step process that includes their best tips and tricks. Check out these testimonials about Pete’s coaching.
We’ll end the day with a complete review and give you a take-home handout to remind you of the essential lessons learned and your priorities for improvement.
The only way you’ll learn Tim’s cyclocross secrets is to attend this mini-camp! (Or you could kidnap Tim and torture him, but the camp will be easier.)
Where: Valmont Bike Park, Boulder. Site of the Boulder Cup and 2014 US National Cyclocross Championships
When: Saturday, August 18 – 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Who: This camp is best for intermediate & advanced riders with some cyclocross racing experience. But don’t be intimidated, you don’t need to be an expert rider or a speedster to enjoy this camp. If you’ve never done a ‘cross race before, please consider one of Pete’s clinics that is targeted at new riders or attend one the Boulder Cycle Sport Wednesday night clinics. Photo Michael Robson
- The dismount and remount sequence: how to be faster and smoother
- Portaging: carrying and shouldering the bike like a pro
- Bike handling, ride better and faster
- Cornering, learning fast lines and proven techniques
- Off-cambers and other tricky terrain
- Sandpits, barriers & stairs
- Race starts and holding your position
- Equipment selection and set up, pro secrets
- Tires and tire pressure, the most important part of your bike
- Race day preparation, keys to being prepared
- Solutions to common mistakes (we all make ‘em)
- Stories from Tim’s career in the mud (heckling encouraged)
Registration: Cost $175. Space is limited, register early to save your spot.
Scholarships: We are pleased to offer 2 scholarships for one female and one male athlete between 14 and 22 years old. To apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org describing how a scholarship to the camp would help you reach your cyclocross goals. Include your name and contact information, age, racing category and racing history. For riders under 18, please include your parent’s contact info. Please apply as soon as possible, final deadline for applications is Wednesday, August 8.
- A tuned-up cyclocross bike
- Helmet and riding kit
- Bag lunch and plenty of drinks
- Camp will be held rain-or-shine, come prepared for the conditions that day
- What tires? CX clinchers are best, but tubulars are fine too. Most riding will be on grass and trails.
Prepare for Camp:
- Do at least 4 training rides on your ‘cross bike before camp, including trails
- Do at least 2 dedicated ‘cross skills sessions to get your mojo working
- Get your bike tuned up and adjusted so it is working well
- Think about your strengths and weaknesses and come prepared with questions
- Professional instruction
- Lots of fun and laughs
- Cold drink and mid-morning snack
- Participant schwag
- Take home hand-out for cracking the code
- Motivated for cross season!
Cancellation Policy: If you need to cancel, please let us know at least 48-hours before camp to receive a refund.
Camp will be held rain or shine.
Questions? Contact Pete at 303-562-7510 or email@example.com