Cyclocross 101 Mini-Camp
Saturday, September 1, 8:00 am – 1:00 pm
Thanks to everyone who participated! We had a great camp. Check out the photos.
Learn the fundamentals of cross!
- Ideal for beginner or intermediate riders
- Step-by-step process to master the basic skills of cyclocross
- Time-tested curriculum by head coach Pete Webber
- Max ratio of 1 coach per 8 riders
- We focus on having fun and feeling confident on the bike!
Pete Webber has led cross clinics for years and has developed a well-organized curriculum that packs a lot of instruction into a 1 day mini-camp. Pete will take you thru a step-by-step process that will make you smoother and more confident on the cross bike.
This camp will cover all the fundamental skills needed to tackle your first race or polish your current technique. We’ll end the day with a complete review and you’ll get a take-home handout to remind you of the essential tips and priorities for improvement.
Where: Valmont Bike Park!
Who: This camp is best for beginner or intermediate riders who want to learn the basics or refresh their current skills. If you’ve never done a cross race before, this camp is for you! If you’ve already raced a season or two, you’ll benefit from breaking down the skills and correcting bad habits. We will divide into groups based upon ability, so you’ll be riding with people at your level.
What: Instruction will include…
- Lots of fun and laughs
- The dismount and remount sequence
- Carrying and shouldering the bike
- Bike handling, climbing and descending
- Cornering, choosing proper lines and techniques
- Sandpits, barriers & stairs
- Basic training tips
- Race day preparation
- Solutions to common racing mistakes
- Equipment selection and set up
- Tires and tire pressure
- Essential bike maintenance skills
Registration: Cost $125. Space is limited, register early to save your spot.
- A tuned-up cyclocross or mountain bike. (Remove bottle cages)
- Clipless mountain bike pedals or flat pedals without toe clips and straps.
- Helmet and riding kit
- Come prepared for the conditions that day. Camp will be held rain-or-shine
- Professional instruction
- Advice and insights just for beginner and intermediate riders
- Cold drink and mid-morning snack
- Take-home cheat sheet
- A big smile!
When: Saturday, September 1, 8:00 am – 1:00 pm.
Prepare for Camp:
- Do a few training rides on your ‘cross bike before camp, including dirt trails
- Get your bike tuned up and adjusted so it is working well
If you need to cancel, please let us know at least 48-hours before camp to receive a refund.
Camp will be held rain or shine.
Questions? Contact Pete at 303-562-7510 or firstname.lastname@example.org